- The non-stop rains this week caused a major flash flood in Casiguran, Aurora. The entire Poblacion and most low-lying barangays are now under water with some areas under 5 to 10 feet of water. Some barangays in Dilasag and Dinalungan are also affected. Most rivers in the area have overflowed their banks. About 100 to 200 families are now in the different evacuation areas in Casiguran particularly Ermita Church, MCC building and the municipal hall. The road to Dicadi is unpassable and the area is currently isolated.
- There are also reports of minor floodings in Maria Aurora, San Luis (San Isidro area) , Baler (Pingit, Kinalapan and Sitio Pulo in Zabali) and Dingalan.
- Baler-Bongabong road is unpassable because of high water levels in Villa river. Canili-Pantabangan road is currently unpassable on account of a landslide near Brgy. Wenceslao in Ma. Aurora. The Maria Aurora mayor and the DPWH chief already dispatched heavy-equipment vehicles to clear the slide.
- Although the Aguang and Kinalapan rivers have overflowed, Baler experienced only minor floods in some area on account of recent flood control projects of the government and the opening of the Sabangan area so that waters going through the Pudok area can flow directly to the sea. (Thanks also to the rain for taking a break last night.)
- The Provincial Disaster Coordinating Council and the different local government agencies are now on heightened alert and currently doing what they can to help the affected Aurorans.
Reporters of DZRH Baler are constantly updating their mother station. DZRH can be heard online. Just go to http://eradioportal.com and click on the DZRH link. You should have Windows Media Player to stream the broadcast.